Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #61: Save the Astronaut

JoBen
11 - Bolide

That was a lot of fun! Thanks for posting! Cheers!

Laurap1228
11 - Bolide

This was a lot of fun!

Spoiler
Challenge61.jpg
MarMu
8 - Asteroid

Very cool challenge.

I had to read a few of the posts to get to the exact match. I assumed that the text would be in upper case as the description indicated. And what I would've assumed if ever I found my self in a similar situation as Matt Demon. :) Quite a pickle!

I appended the start position of the camera on the rover and used Multi-Row formula to calculate the next position. Then I could join the table with its self to get the next position. And voila, a circle.

Spoiler
challenge_61_start_file_MarMu.png<
justynam
8 - Asteroid

My solution :-)

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution...

Did not want to look at spoilers but took the 1 second stop between each as an assumption and also that the camera can go right to left... I am over the amount of time...

danrh
13 - Pulsar

Justin_0
8 - Asteroid

I considered that, with a man stranded on Mars, we'd want to be as efficient as possible.  So, the camera can move either direction, depending on the shortest distance to the next card, and whitespace and punctuation are out.  Everything is title case to easily denote new words since we don't have punctuation, and the camera pauses for 1 second on each card.  In the case of repeat cards, it just sits there for another second.  Seems like these were very similar assumptions to others.  I got the message there in 27.07 minutes. You're welcome, Matt Damon.

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

My output is just smaller than the solution, but fortunately my workflow is quite similar to the solution workflow.

Spoiler
challenge_61.PNG
yajing_wang
8 - Asteroid

still some second diff

jssandom
8 - Asteroid

Really fun challenge!