Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #61: Save the Astronaut

JasonHu
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
workflow.png

Here is my submission, it's 9 seconds slower than the output. I assumed that include all characters in the sentence, also camera can find the shortest distance, so it can turn both direction, also the camera will stop at each position for 1 second.

ncrlelia
11 - Bolide

Challenge 61

carmenrapariz
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 61.PNG
JackBurnham
8 - Asteroid

b

DanTh
Alteryx
Alteryx

Slight differences in the calculation, but close enough for it to be trivial (in my eyes!).

Spoiler
The workflow follows most of what I've been seeing. I think the key difference is the formula used to calculate the distances:
IF ABS([Degree_Pos] - [Row-1:Degree_Pos]) > 180
THEN 360 - ABS([Degree_Pos] - [Row-1:Degree_Pos])
ELSE ABS([Degree_Pos] - [Row-1:Degree_Pos])
ENDIF

I added a check to see if the rotation is over 180 degrees, in which case we send the rover the other way around (hence 360 less [Degree_Pos]).

Fun to see everyone get into it!

DanTh_0-1632745764736.png

3/5

surajmthomas
8 - Asteroid

My Solution

surajmthomas_0-1633435549356.png

BelindaSpratt
7 - Meteor

This was good fun. I enjoyed the pop culture reference. I think that in reality the time would be a little longer as you would have to pause on characters.

ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

I appended the cards and camera pan speed with the sum of total cards (17). I then used Record ID to identify position order and the respective angle those cards would be located at on the circle around the camera. Then I gave a record to each respective character for the response and what the matching HEX identifiers are for those characters. I then connected the angle of the where the cards are located to the order of the Response with the matching HEX and their descriptions. Then I used Multi-Row and Formula to identify a shortest path with the assumptions that the camera can go either direction and that there is a 1-3 second pause at each card. Then the summarize tool identified a total of 40.7 minutes (just over the answer time) or 2,444.71 seconds for the message to fully be sent and received. 

jonathanwillis
8 - Asteroid

Mine ended up a little different from the solution

Spoiler
Not sure if I did something wrong, but my calculations were looking for the minimum amount of time between values. I did some hand calculations, and I think I was in the right range of time if you don't account for any pauses. 
LiuZhang
9 - Comet
Spoiler
61.png

Used: We are sending another mission. It will take 42 months.

With capital and full stop. My answer is ~11s longer than the output.