Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #61: Save the Astronaut

nini
8 - Asteroid

assume to use the shortest distance to subsequent card (that's means <180 degree)

rmassambane
10 - Fireball

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

When I was starting to learn Alteryx, we completed this challenge on the Phoenix User Group meeting with @michaelperillo  and @Treyson 

I had plenty of fun with this one.

Spoiler
2020-01-07_11-29-03.jpg
mbogusz
9 - Comet
Spoiler
2020-01-13 20_22_16-Greenshot.png
Nicholas_Bignell
8 - Asteroid
Welcome to the Weekly Challenge. Each week Alteryx post a use case where you can put your Alteryx skills to the test. You'll be able to share your answers and collaborate with other challengers to arrive at an answer. Participation will be rewarded - just make sure you are attaching your Alteryx ...
helencairns
7 - Meteor

My attempt

johnemery
11 - Bolide

This was a great challenge! Very fun and full of assumptions that needed to be made.

Spoiler
I had a bit of difficulty reconciling my answer with the provided solution until I realized that the provided solution allowed for turns greater than 180 degrees, which my solution did not allow.

I assumed that the camera would always take the shortest path and would not stop - i.e. continuous motion.

Capture.PNG
ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Astronaut has been saved. 

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC61.png

Back when I first saw this challenge back in November I could not get my head around it at all. Thankfully I felt much more up to the challenge today! 

Assumptions:

Spoiler
Camera can turn clockwise and anti-clockwise. 
Camera can't go past 360. 
It doesn't actually pause on a letter but rather is continuously moving...
Punctuation is included (but no "start/end transmission")
Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Loved this one 🙂