community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #59: Is it an Anagram?

Alteryx Certified Partner

Not dynamic, but quickly could be with the addition of an "Ensure Fields" macro.

Bolide

[Removed] 

Posted to wrong weekly challenge.

Nebula
Nebula

My approach is the same as @Coxta45 - but looking at some of the others I could have compressed into 1 stream of data by doing the transpose early...

(or one component for the fearless and brave; or for @AdamR)

Spoiler
59.png
Magnetar
Magnetar

I guess that @alex and I think alike! I came up with the same solution as he did

Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
wc59.PNG

Similar to @Coxta45 but I chose to add an extra verification......

Spoiler
As well as summing the characters, I chose to count them as well...just to make certain :)

Weekly Challenge 59.png

Fairly straightforward (once you know how)

Spoiler
I started by creating a record ID field then transposed to get all words in the same column. I then split that column to rows using regex on any character (.).
Then it was simply a case of sorting by the record ID and alphabetically by letters, cross-tabbing them to concatenate into a single cell, effectively creating a string of the alphabetic order of the letters, then I used a simple formula to determine the matches.
Workflow.PNG

Results.PNG

Here's my solution. I enjoyed this one lots!

Spoiler
Untitled2.png

Solution Attached

Spoiler
I converted the letters to numbers and made sure that they had the same sum. I also checked the length.
Capture.PNG