Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #59: Is it an Anagram?

Garrett
11 - Bolide

Not dynamic, but quickly could be with the addition of an "Ensure Fields" macro.

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

[Removed] 

Posted to wrong weekly challenge.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My approach is the same as @Coxta45 - but looking at some of the others I could have compressed into 1 stream of data by doing the transpose early...

(or one component for the fearless and brave; or for @AdamR_AYX)

Spoiler
59.png
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I guess that @alex and I think alike! I came up with the same solution as he did

jacob
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
wc59.PNG
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Similar to @Coxta45 but I chose to add an extra verification......

Spoiler
As well as summing the characters, I chose to count them as well...just to make certain :)

Weekly Challenge 59.png
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Fairly straightforward (once you know how)

Spoiler
I started by creating a record ID field then transposed to get all words in the same column. I then split that column to rows using regex on any character (.).
Then it was simply a case of sorting by the record ID and alphabetically by letters, cross-tabbing them to concatenate into a single cell, effectively creating a string of the alphabetic order of the letters, then I used a simple formula to determine the matches.
Workflow.PNG

Results.PNG

Bulien

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution. I enjoyed this one lots!

Spoiler
Untitled2.png
nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

Solution Attached

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
I converted the letters to numbers and made sure that they had the same sum. I also checked the length.
Capture.PNG