Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #59: Is it an Anagram?

Garrett
11 - Bolide

Not dynamic, but quickly could be with the addition of an "Ensure Fields" macro.

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

[Removed] 

Posted to wrong weekly challenge.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My approach is the same as @Coxta45 - but looking at some of the others I could have compressed into 1 stream of data by doing the transpose early...

(or one component for the fearless and brave; or for @AdamR_AYX)

Spoiler
59.png
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I guess that @alex and I think alike! I came up with the same solution as he did

jacob
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
wc59.PNG
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Similar to @Coxta45 but I chose to add an extra verification......

Spoiler
As well as summing the characters, I chose to count them as well...just to make certain :)

Weekly Challenge 59.png
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Fairly straightforward (once you know how)

Spoiler
I started by creating a record ID field then transposed to get all words in the same column. I then split that column to rows using regex on any character (.).
Then it was simply a case of sorting by the record ID and alphabetically by letters, cross-tabbing them to concatenate into a single cell, effectively creating a string of the alphabetic order of the letters, then I used a simple formula to determine the matches.
Workflow.PNG

Results.PNG

Bulien

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution. I enjoyed this one lots!

Spoiler
Untitled2.png
nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

Solution Attached

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
I converted the letters to numbers and made sure that they had the same sum. I also checked the length.
Capture.PNG