Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #59: Is it an Anagram?

Calliecobbs
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Screenshot (88).png

OldDogNewTricks
10 - Fireball

I have attached my solution.  

Spoiler
I solved this riddle, but the solution was much more elegant than my method, but incorrect.  ;)  Just sorting the letters alphabetically and comparing them that way is better but 'racecar' = 'racecar' that is not an anagram because the letters are not used in a DIFFERENT order.

challenge_59_completed.jpg

AndyBate
8 - Asteroid

Complete

Aidan_K
11 - Bolide

I may have taken an unusual path & I am interested to see what everyone else did but I loved this challenge @JoeM 

fantastic !!

Thanks,

AidanKing

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Aidan_K, We love looking at all the solutions to this just as much as we enjoyed making this challenge!

Inactive User
Not applicable

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I must have tried at least 4 different methods before I found one that worked.

Spoiler
I tokenise both words on '\w' and then create a letterID.
Then I use the replacefirst function in a multi-row formula to replace any matching letters from word1 to word2 with nothing.
I then take the last row per word and if it's empty then you can spell word2 using the letters of word1.
I do the opposite thing in a different stream and then join them on recordID.
If you can spell both words using the letters of the other then they are anagrams, otherwise they're not.
Challenge 59.PNG 
msicak
8 - Asteroid

I worked on a non-macro solution, will challenge myself with an iteration macro next.

Spoiler
ch59.png
msicak
8 - Asteroid

now with an iteration macro, too.

Spoiler
ch59_macro.png
PrivateStorm
8 - Asteroid

My solution to challenge #59 is attached.