Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #59: Is it an Anagram?

KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

Solution attached. Didn't think to split to rows with the Regex Parse tool. That would have saved a couple steps.

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

Mine is similar to the posted solution, although I included a few unnecessary steps!

Spoiler
I added a counter for each letter (e.g. "racecar" would has two As) to support the join, but I could have just re-assembled/concatenated the letters before the join as in the posted solution.

Capture.PNG
Wouter
8 - Asteroid

My "one tool" solution:

Spoiler
challenge 59.jpg 

*if you don't count the Record ID tool

Ruud
10 - Fireball

There was a guy called RegEx who used to bully me as a kid, so I used a macro instead.

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

can't be the simplest way to do this, but it got the job done!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Good Challenge.  I learned something new about the Crosstab tool and about Regex.  Mind you, the days when I don't learn something about Regex are few and far between. 

Spoiler
Solution 59.png
Aster
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
59.png

One of the few times I am so pround in my solution :)

15 minutes.

kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #59.PNG
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

This was our challenge of the week in our internal user group. Since I'd already done this challenge, I decided to refactor my original workflow to eliminate the parallel processes for each word.

Spoiler

justin_winter
8 - Asteroid

Used the multi-row tool and row by row replacements with summing dropped letter counts... a bit different!

Spoiler
challenge59.png