Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #57: Build a Valentine's Day App

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The solution is posted. It was great to see people not only successfully doing the weekly challenge, but doing it BETTER. There were some well-styled maps and some great error handling logic put into this week's challenge!

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

no where near as polished as some of the submissions, but it seems to work

(not as pretty on the canvas as @MarqueeCrew either).

As long as the flowers arrive, it should all work out OK...

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution. This was a fun one! Learned a lot more about apps, and a few things about maps... I solved without DriveTime parameter as I don't have the dataset, so no bonus for me. But I did randomly try out wireless connections for my app prompts so that there weren't lines all over the place, which certainly makes the canvas look prettier... so that has to be worth at least one candy heart. :)

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge57.JPG

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Nothing innovative in my solution.

Is there a way to only load in a map of Colorado?

Natasha
9 - Comet

@estherb47

To zoom onto a specific place on an input map, the tool needs to be configured the following way:

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 15.07.15.png

Natasha
9 - Comet

A bit too late for Valentine's Day but was a good opportunity to brush up on interface tools.

Since I don't have a drive package, I decided to add an option for a user to choose between Miles and Kilometres. Though on the second thought, there is not much difference between them :)

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 14.32.40.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-06 at 14.33.56.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-06 at 14.33.15.png
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Thanks, @Natasha!

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Those reporting tools are a bit fiddly but a fun exercise

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 57.png
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor