Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #55: 2013 Alteryx Grand Prix (L1)

dillon_bok
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Weekly Challenge - 55.PNG
RobertoEstrada
8 - Asteroid

My solution

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

This was a weird type of thing to calculate... To calculate a ratio of two averages seems like a very very wrong way to handle sales data unless you know exactly how to interpret these values correctly that is. Anyways, the macro did not like my result set so I think something can be improved regarding phrasing

Spoiler
55.png
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
Challenge 55.PNG
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

Solution attached

ChrisMelck
8 - Asteroid

Late to Alteryx so impute used

Cosmin_S
8 - Asteroid

KMiller
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached. I used the Impute Tool to populate missing values with averages but for some reason, this tool dropped all decimal places. Making my final results fractionally different.

Spoiler
16-08-2019 09-35-03.png16-08-2019 09-28-46.png16-08-2019 09-38-22.png
FRANCK_ROUQUETTE
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the exercise . I don't find the same figures than in the proposed solution. I took in consideration the general Merchandise department, however I checked my figures with the one within the macro and they are very close. Thank you for showing how to generate a message to the user after running a macro. Attached my solution.

fmeo
8 - Asteroid