community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #55: 2013 Alteryx Grand Prix (L1)

Asteroid
Spoiler
Weekly Challenge - 55.PNG
Asteroid

My solution

Alteryx Certified Partner

This was a weird type of thing to calculate... To calculate a ratio of two averages seems like a very very wrong way to handle sales data unless you know exactly how to interpret these values correctly that is. Anyways, the macro did not like my result set so I think something can be improved regarding phrasing

Spoiler
55.png
Comet

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
Challenge 55.PNG
Asteroid

Solution attached

Highlighted
Asteroid

Late to Alteryx so impute used

Asteroid

Asteroid

Solution attached. I used the Impute Tool to populate missing values with averages but for some reason, this tool dropped all decimal places. Making my final results fractionally different.

Spoiler
16-08-2019 09-35-03.png16-08-2019 09-28-46.png16-08-2019 09-38-22.png
Asteroid

Thank you for the exercise . I don't find the same figures than in the proposed solution. I took in consideration the general Merchandise department, however I checked my figures with the one within the macro and they are very close. Thank you for showing how to generate a message to the user after running a macro. Attached my solution.

Asteroid