Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #55: 2013 Alteryx Grand Prix (L1)

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Weekly Challenge - 55.PNG
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

This was a weird type of thing to calculate... To calculate a ratio of two averages seems like a very very wrong way to handle sales data unless you know exactly how to interpret these values correctly that is. Anyways, the macro did not like my result set so I think something can be improved regarding phrasing

Spoiler
55.png
Highlighted
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
Challenge 55.PNG
Highlighted
11 - Bolide

Solution attached

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Late to Alteryx so impute used

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached. I used the Impute Tool to populate missing values with averages but for some reason, this tool dropped all decimal places. Making my final results fractionally different.

Spoiler
16-08-2019 09-35-03.png16-08-2019 09-28-46.png16-08-2019 09-38-22.png
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the exercise . I don't find the same figures than in the proposed solution. I took in consideration the general Merchandise department, however I checked my figures with the one within the macro and they are very close. Thank you for showing how to generate a message to the user after running a macro. Attached my solution.

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid