Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #55: 2013 Alteryx Grand Prix (L1)

KeithTroutt
8 - Asteroid

Tough in vertical layout. Got it to pass the macro test.  

Spoiler
Challenge 55 Spoiler.PNG
RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution, it runs without errors :):):)

rfergus
8 - Asteroid

Glad there is an impute tool now, would have been much simpler, but not too bad. Took longer than I would have liked, but had to troubleshoot getting the macro to work a little.  Good practice problem.

Spoiler
image.png

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution to challenge 55. It can handle adding or removing departments.

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Fun challenge. A few misinterpretations as I initially did the averages for departments by store instead of overall for the fill ins, but once I made that adjustment I was good.

Spoiler
Challenge 55 - finish.PNG
Challenge 55.PNG
hanykowska
11 - Bolide

done! I must say, I'm not a fan of the vertical layout...

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here's my solution. It's not pretty but it works. What I couldn't get working was the macro, but I opened it up and saw what test it was performing and did the test manually to verify that I had the correct result.

By the way, I tried using the old icons, but developed a splitting headache in about 3 minutes. I kept the vertical layout for this exercise, but if I was going to use it regularly, I'd be switching my monitor to profile mode.

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My solution

Spoiler
 Workflow 55.GIF

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge #55, done.

I don't think it's worth posting Spoiler. Not so fun this one.

WF attached, though.

Cheers,

bkclaw113
9 - Comet