Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #55: 2013 Alteryx Grand Prix (L1)

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

I couldn't get the Pit Stop 1 Macro to work but my dataset matched the solution workflow dataset. Definitely not a fan of the vertical workflow.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
I thought following the step-by-step instructions was a little misleading once I got to around step 4, so I just copied what was in the check macro onto my workflow to work towards that end and verify my results. I was off by .0023 and figured that was close enough.
55.PNG
jbranaum
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution,

I have a question for the community on this one.  Mine kept failing Pit Stop 1.  After monkeying around with it for an hour or so i checked the posted solution and the only difference is that the General Merchandise column was deselected from the output in the beginning when getting the averages excluding non 0.

I interpreted this field as one of the departments to analyze and did't see anywhere in the instructions to exclude it.

Is there something I am missing here with the instructions?

My attached solution includes the general merchandise column and fails the pit stop check but if you uncheck that column in the transpose it works.

Thanks!

jbranaum
8 - Asteroid

Also I agree with many others that the vertical workflow orientation is very hard to adjust to.  Definently a fan of the horizontal orientation.

ipeng
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached

mickael_gest
8 - Asteroid

My solution :)

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My solution

JamesMA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Toughest Grand Prix challenge that I've faced!

CaraI
Alteryx
Alteryx

I have to admit - not a fan of building a workflow vertically.

Spoiler
55 workflow.jpg
Karam
8 - Asteroid

Interesting challenge & layout :)