community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #54: Data Prep Address Parsing

Asteroid

This one was a tough one for me - RegEx is not something I'm very proficient at (yet!).

Asteroid

I parsed using the named groups with words Circle, Street, Road, etc.  For some reason had huge problems with Ave, Avenue, and Road...but eventually through trial and error got those words to work.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Solution attached.  Couldn't seem to get the RegEx formula right to handle the street information, so I used a text input tool to replace the street (road, ave, etc) with a "|".  Then used RegEx match in the filter tool to handle the records with zip codes differently from the ones without.

My Solution 

Here is my solution. City parsing works for this records, but I think it might be unreliable for other possible address combinations.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 12.08.49.png

Here's my solution.

Spoiler
challenge_54.png
Highlighted
Spoiler
I ended up using the Invisio Geocoder (which runs through Google) then the reverse geocoder (Alteryx macro) and then the parse address tool.
Capture.PNG
Meteor

Solution

Spoiler
image.png
Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
54.PNG

RegEx: (^\d+) (\w+ \w+|\w+ \w+ \w+) (\w+|\w+ \w+) (\w{2})( \d{5}$|$)

took a lot of testing, but managed to get all information parsed out correctly using just one RegEx tool

Fireball

Simple Parsing.