community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #54: Data Prep Address Parsing

Meteor

Challenge completed.

Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
54..png

Alteryx Partner

Regex only

Spoiler
Challenge 54 Screen.PNG
Highlighted

Solved using regex tool with parse output mode.

I learned a lot of things with this exercise, in particular, I utilized a site that I had heard before in one of Alteryx live training to test our regex dynamically:

http://rubular.com/

rubular.png

An explanation of my regex can be seen below:

Spoiler
regex_54.png

Nice exercise!

Let's have a look at my friends' solutions! :-)

Dear @mceleavey,

Hope you are very well.

I just want to thank you a lot for this workflow!

My mind is bubbling with it. :-)

I got a Google API key (my first time using Google APIs) and I'm testing your workflow and finally, I am starting to understand when I have to use '?' in my regex.

In other words, I started understanding what is the difference between long.*?] and long.*]

Thank you so much for share your ideas here.

Cheers

Alteryx Certified Partner

Fantastic! I'm so glad I could help, and thanks for the feedback. 

Regex makes me happy.

M.

Asteroid

Started doing the weekly challenges recently , and found this exercise very useful to learn a bit of regex

Alteryx
Alteryx

Use one Regex tool to look for Circle, Street, etc. Took a bi of playing with to get it to work right!

Address parsing always fun and challenging

Thanks!