We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback

Challenge #53: Parsing Report Formatted Data

Tokimatsu
11 - Bolide

Solved.

Spoiler
2020-12-27_21h37_11.png

JasonHu
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
workflow.png

Here is my submission for challenge 53.

OwenBData
8 - Asteroid

Really enjoyed this one! Good practice and probably will be quite useful in the future!

 

Made it a macro - only problem is I wasn't sure how to 'hide' the 'number of columns' box. Is there a solution to update a value in the text to columns 'number of columns' without it showing on the macro interface? 

 

Spoiler
OwenBData_0-1609158070616.png

 

TraceyD
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here's my solution

OnionKnight
8 - Asteroid

Fun!!

clmc9601
12 - Quasar

My solution

Jude451
8 - Asteroid

Done

ReconBen
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
ReconBen_53.JPG

Pang_Hee_Choy
8 - Asteroid

my solution

apathetichell
13 - Pulsar

It's fascinating to see how wildly different many of the approaches are! I kept the data in the source file as formatted there (ie - ID codes aren't separated by commas and didn't turn blanks into N/A). I used a regex to turn the non-data rows empty. then formatted out, text to columns (rows), transpose, a multi-row to assign future row numbers, cross-tab followed by a text to columns to take out the concatenated data (note - I used excess columns here to abide by the instructions of unknown future columns) and proceeded from there (dynamic rename and the usual)....