Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #52: Solving the Knapsack Problem

rmassambane
10 - Fireball

tammybrown_tds
8 - Asteroid

My solution is just a rework of the posted solution.  I have NO IDEA what this challenge was asking, and after doing the rework of the challenge, I still have no idea.

Am I the only one?

JonathanW
8 - Asteroid

This challenge took me a fair bit of time but I really enjoyed it! I haven't used the optimization tool before, so it was great learning how to use it! 

I made a macro that returned the optimum $ based on user input box weight and number of boxes.

Spoiler
JonathanW_1-1578526607115.png
JonathanW_0-1578526589533.png
Nicholas_Bignell
8 - Asteroid
acrahen
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Ultrawide monitor came in handy for this one
acrahen_0-1579731885164.png
ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is my solution.  Workflow for finding unique combination of items took time. Thereafter, was able to achieve example output quickly. 

Spoiler
Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG
mbogusz
9 - Comet
Spoiler
2020-01-26 10_34_20-Greenshot.png
Nicholas_Bignell
8 - Asteroid

johnemery
11 - Bolide

This was a fun challenge; lots of different answers and methods posted. Very cool.

Spoiler
I went with a batch macro. The macro itself is rather simple and allows flexibility if the data set were to increase in size.

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

LindaLo
8 - Asteroid

I think the most difficult part is finding the non repeating combinations. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Cross-Tab/ta-p/4368

check the above article out. 

A great challenge!