We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!Submit Feedback
Comparing now my solution to others I feel that I am missing something.. I did cheat a little bit for the second output and instead of doing a macro I used a sample tool, which of course won't let to produce the details for thousands of batches but does work for looking at a few options.
My solution is somewhat similar to the provided non-macro solution. I know that it doesn't consider all possible batch combinations, but I don't think we need to consider them all (Correct me if I am wrong here), as the goal is to optimise $ value, so I believe sorting desc is enough.
I've never used Optimisation tool , so looking forward to inspect it!
Well that took a LONG time.
But I learned some new things, and that's what this is all about.
Full disclosure: after several failed attempts and many reads of the Optimizer Macro help file I reverse engineered @EstherB47's solution and implemented something pretty similar. Thanks, Esther. You made it look so easy..
And a special shout out to these guys. Couldn't have done it without you.