Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #50: Preparing Survey Data

kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #50.PNG
CaraI
Alteryx
Alteryx

50 down ... a whole bunch to go!

Spoiler
I originally didn't even use the Questions file, but then felt like that might have been cheating so I reworked it to include a couple dynamic rename tools in order to bring in the questions as headers.

50 workflow.jpg

JDelgado
8 - Asteroid

This was interesting. I don't know if I came upon the cleanest way to get this done - but that's what I love about Alteryx: a robust and easy to use set of tools that allow flexibility to solve problems multiple ways...

OldDogNewTricks
10 - Fireball

I have attached my solution.  I didn't even use the second data source because the column seemed to have both values.  I'm not sure what I missed, but I arrived at the same answer.

challenge_50_completedScreen.jpg

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

As requested.   

Spoiler
Even though the misalignment of the data and question tables, mean that the column title(Search satisfaction) has nothing to do with the data (Age category and range)

Solution 50.png

Dan

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

50 challenges completed :)

Spoiler

This one took me a while as here didn't seem to be a proper correlation between question and column. Once I worked out that I should swap 38 & 28 and then just keep 38 it went much quicker.
Challenge 50.PNG

Staal
7 - Meteor

Here's my solution.

In my opinion the solution posted in the challenge is not correct because the value in the "Please tell us..." column is the same for all age groups - e.g. 4 = '34-44' and 5 = '45-54'.

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Cheers!

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution

challenge50.png

Laurap1228
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
challenge_50.jpg