Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #50: Preparing Survey Data

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thanks @JoeM - I'll make sure to get my hair cut that week so that if I can't win by brain-power (especially given the competition from @estherb47@NicoleJohnson@MarqueeCrew ) - at least I can try to win the "best haircut" runner-up prize.

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Solution:

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 50.png
nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

Solution Attached

Spoiler
I used a little bit of a different approach.  I used two different dynamic rename tools.  The first one changes the column names from the Data input file to be just the column number (ie. F1 -> 1).  The second dynamic rename uses the "Take Field Names from Right Input Tool" setting and matches on the column field from the question file and renames the fields as the Text label.

The select tool is used to filter out the other questions and to rename the respondentID, Date and Time fields.  Finally the Age and response are parsed from the one column.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Natasha
9 - Comet

I matched teh output, but I think the answer has been parsed from the same column..

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 23.20.02.png
samN
10 - Fireball

Number 50! Feel like i overcomplicated it and then had to remind myself to just get it done

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

If I were doing it for tableau output I'd probably do this a bit differently...but...got the output to match the expected result....

LandonG
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Solution attached.

Spoiler
challenge_50 - Snip.PNG
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Reached 50!