Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #5: HR Position Finder Application

mot
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.

Kakuffo
Alteryx
Alteryx

Loved this one. do enjoy building apps..very very powerful when used correctly

Spoiler
Kakuffo_0-1615210040452.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

not too happy with how many steps it took me - still.

dombaikamilla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
5.PNG
dhavaldoshi
8 - Asteroid

How to do it as a Beginner?

Things to learn:

• Analytic Apps: These are created using tools from Interface Tool Palette and can be used to create workflows which have user controls and can be run on the Alteryx gallery which can be shared via collections to relevant users
  • Dropdown Tool: Instead of giving free text option, choose dropdown tool to limit the user's options and to get an exhaustive list use the summarise tool
  • Append Fields: Since there's only one position we can select at a time, we can use this. Otherwise this tool gives a full cartesian join i.e. number of records on output is a multiplication of records on both sides

Spoiler
Solution_5.PNG

DanielG
12 - Quasar

Populating a drop-down list from within the same dataset is so clunky and inelegant.  I don't like doing it. 🙂

Plus, the challenge says "enter" a position number.  I feel that means manually typing into a textbox, versus SELECTING from a dropdown list.

So just to satisfy the literal ask and the fact that there is an image of a dropdown in the challenge file, I build it with two outputs, one for the dropdown and one for the text input.

AlexPeacock
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Kentwang59
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution.

spencerhong
Alteryx
Alteryx

Who knew building an app was so simple and quick

Spencer Hong
Sr. Competitive Intelligence Analyst, Product Management