community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #5: HR Position Finder Application

Bolide

Asteroid
Spoiler
spoiler5.png

Been a while since I attempted dynamic dropdowns - looks like it works. Wouldn't allow me to attach yxwz, extension was changed to yxmd.

Meteor

Done

Asteroid

@SeanAdams With analytic apps, you don't get output unless you go to the Interface Designer (View menu) and select the tools whose output you want displayed.

Check the box "On Success - Show Results to User" and then choose the tools you want shown. (When you select a tool, its assigned number shows up at the top of its Configuration window.)

I'm not sure about your other question.

Asteroid

Oops - I thought I was replying to the most recent thread, but it was the oldest! (Wish I could just delete my reply)

Asteroid

Here's my solution. Like some others, I made the drop down dynamic based on the list provided rather than hard coding it.

I also populate the drop down directly in the flow rather than creating an external file as some did.

My solution would have been simpler if I had used the OR option in the filter instead of transposing, but I needed to transpose anyway to get the drop down populated.

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png

Note - had to change the file type from yxwz to yxmd to post.

Alteryx
Alteryx

Challenge completed. First workflow used to pull the list of unique value. Second workflow for the app and to filter values based on selection

Meteoroid

Finished. Took me a while longer and went a little "off-piste" so got a bit more complex that the solution but I had great fun and learned at bit more. The reason was I wanted to do two things:

1. be able to populate the drop-down list automatically
  2. be able to cope if another "Level" (column) was added

The bit that took a bit was getting a list of values for the drop-down. I must be missing something as seems odd that you can just have it populated from a list of values.

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
#5_solution.png
Quasar

My solution:

Spoiler
Capture.JPG