community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #5: HR Position Finder Application

Asteroid

My solution

Meteoroid

Great challenge.

Asteroid

Hey @Mickaël,

I am tried your solution. It works very well for the first time. But when I try for the second time i have as error message : unable to open file for write.

How we can run woorkflow and regenerate the output??? 

any help please

Thank you Capture.PNG

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @Fz,

This appends sometimes (probably a mis close of the document by Alteryx or Excel if you open it right after the workflow has ran).

A advise : don't open it right after the workflox has ran

To solve the problem, you just have to delete the file.

Asteroid

Hello,

sorry i' joined a wrong attached. 

I  want to regenerate a file, and the old one crashes with the news. without deleting the file.

Thank you

Capture.PNG

Did you change the output file type from csv to excel ?

If you did so, change the "output options" to "Overwrite File (Remove)".

Asteroid

Thank you so much. it's ok.

Great :)

Meteoroid

Meteor

Couldn't figure out how to get the dropdown tool to display the list of unique Position Numbers I created, so I copy pasted them into the interface and set it  to manual.  Workflow in spoiler.  App attached.

Spoiler
Challenge 5.PNG