Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #5: HR Position Finder Application

justindavis
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
challenge_5_solution_justindavis.PNG

My first analytic app

SamGon
7 - Meteor

Working through the Challenge history, here is my solution. I had to attach it as a workflow and not an app, but it was built as an app.

Spoiler

SOLUTION

I used the multiple summarize tools and the Union tool to get a list of unique values for the drop down. Crosstab tool to make the level values as column headings, which is required to use in the Dropdown Interface using Fields From a Connected Tool. The Action Tool is connected to the Filter tool which is used to identify the matching level.

Every record in the data set is given a unique record ID, which is used to Join the data set to what the user selected in the App. Because the level data can be identified in multiple columns, Transpose is used to get all level values into a single column. The Record ID is used to make sure the data table can be rebuilt for the final user output. The transposed data is filtered using the value selected by the user. All filtered records are joined to the original table using the unique Record ID created earlier in the process.

SamGon_0-1572265706435.png
KolsumaAktar
8 - Asteroid

solutions attached

kmcdaniel
8 - Asteroid

sgrabish1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for practice exercise!

jstokes1994
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
jstokes1994_0-1572451143149.png
Xlblaze
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Xlblaze_0-1572533120450.png

Week 5 Completed, I would have liked to have been able to populate the dropdown from the flow but I understand why you cant.

Kale_Malcom
8 - Asteroid

I couldn't let the list of possible positions be manual entry in the drop down tool, so I went a little over-board to let the drop down source from a file first.

Spoiler
Kale_Malcom_0-1573087732276.png
JamesCameron
8 - Asteroid

My effort

Spoiler
JamesCameron_0-1573461998411.png
Wallarion
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
challenge_5_screenshot.JPG

challenge_5-2_screenshot.JPG