Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #5: HR Position Finder Application

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Also with output to file to check later

peter_gb
9 - Comet

I also went for the somewhat hacky approach of feeding the values into the drop down tool via reshaping data values to field names. However I don't believe this to be the best solution, as the workflow has to run in order to populate the dropdown, running the isolated app (having no instance of alteryx open and clicking the yxwz), brought up a blank  drop down. The best solution  would probably be writing the values to a yxdb, the copy and paste values feels a bit too manual.

I made use of the [field] IN  (x1,x2,x3) function which is an underused favourite of mine.

For the app output I rendered a basic html table as .pcxml, just because I use this on a few apps hosted on alteryx server to immediately display a rendered output. 

Spoiler
5.png

samN
10 - Fireball

Not sure if i was supposed to have it dynamically pull in unique options for user to choose from so set up some logic for that. Rest was pretty simple. 

aclaxton
8 - Asteroid

Well I definitely did this the hard way!

Spoiler
Week 5.png
Waynemk
8 - Asteroid

+1

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Great exercise!  I don't do much app development, so stretched me a bit.

NurulShi12
8 - Asteroid

Scratched my head a bit on  the Analytics App part. Attached is my solution.

LandonG
8 - Asteroid

First time to create an analytic app!

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

A good exercise on Analytic App.

Solution attached.

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

The Alteryx gallery is a crazy awesome tool to allow users to create their own data based on how the app was developed!

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer