Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #5: HR Position Finder Application

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

I put off doing this one because I'm not so confident with Apps & Macros but this was actually OK, I even added an additional "save as" dialog for good measure:

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 5.png
KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.  I wasn't aware you could capture the drop-down selection with the Text Input tool.  That was useful to learn after seeing the solution.

Ken

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

Here the solution for week five.

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

@KOBoyle I like that you give the option to select a file where to store the output; in this way, the user can actually view the results of the app.

nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

Solution attached

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

Hey @nick_ceneviva

I like the way your app works; do you mind sharing the workflow?

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

For some reason the app did not get saved; here they are.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Had some trouble automatically updating the user selection from an input tool. Turns out you have to have the values in the headers...which is bizarre. Anyone confirm that I've done this correctly?

Anyway here's my solution...

Spoiler
WC5.png
Amarendra
10 - Fireball

Anyone has a solution as a direct input from the select tool? I had to manually enter the values. Solution attached. 

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@Amarendra You mean a bit like my solution posted just before yours?