community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #5: HR Position Finder Application

Dynamically adds job position to drop down menu.

Meteoroid

I feel like I missed a more obvious solution to populating the UI field...oh well. Got the solution anyway.

Spoiler
layout.pngworkflow and analytic app
Asteroid
Spoiler
5.PNG

Here is my solution

Meteor
Spoiler
challenge 5_JB.png
Asteroid

Here we go

Highlighted
Asteroid

Solution uploaded as workflow.

Meteoroid

I decided to keep the filter simple and use a join while eliminating anything from the left group so that I could keep the original rows as they were, I also decided to automatically populate the drop down with the available positions by creating a unique set of the Job ID's and then cross tabbing the results so the values are the column names before connecting it to the Drop Down.

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png

It didn't want to let me upload as an App so it is not going to run as such if downloaded 

Alteryx Partner

Challenge 5 complete

Asteroid
Thank you for the exercise - I propose 2 solutions - the first one with one apps and the second with 2 chained apps to update the list used in the drop down tool.