Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #5: HR Position Finder Application

mpennington
11 - Bolide

Solution attached. Note I had to save as a standard workflow because I kept getting an error with the comment system when uploading the analytic app.  

Spoiler
Challenge 5 MP.png

ccruzagosto
7 - Meteor

I don't really get to use analytical apps in my day-to-day work. This was good practice.

Etienne
8 - Asteroid

Attached is my solution

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

@mpennington - for future reference, if you have an app or a macro, you can export the workflow (Options --> Export Workflow). That will package it into a .yxzp file, which you should be able to attach to your post!

mpennington
11 - Bolide

@kelly_gilbert Thanks a bunch--great to know!  I thought I was doing something wrong, I just wasn't sure what it was.  

Johnny_Analytics
8 - Asteroid

Spoiler
I created two app files and packaged them together to make sure the drop-down is always populated.

Here's App1 to populate the yxdb that will hold the Position numbers.

Challenge_5_app_1.png

Here's app two that will display the drop-down of Position numbers and generate a Browse and .csv output.

Challenge_5_app_2.png
David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

The app is simple but it does take a step to be completed.  There are a couple of ways to populate the dropdown.  I went with...

Spoiler
...creating an external file...
make data file.png

...which gets used in the app.
the app 005.png

UI:
app 1.png

UX:
app 2.png

RotesDB
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge#5.png
RichardLengua
6 - Meteoroid

First App! Still having a hard time with understanding the builder interface but practice makes perfect.

Spoiler
RL_Challenge_5_app.PNG
SachinKotian
6 - Meteoroid

Really enjoyed solving this one. Did not approach it correctly though and had to refer to the solution.

Learned using Alteryx as an AnalyticApp.

Spoiler
Capture.JPG