Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #5: HR Position Finder Application

mpennington
11 - Bolide

Solution attached. Note I had to save as a standard workflow because I kept getting an error with the comment system when uploading the analytic app.  

Spoiler
Challenge 5 MP.png

ccruzagosto
7 - Meteor

I don't really get to use analytical apps in my day-to-day work. This was good practice.

Etienne
8 - Asteroid

Attached is my solution

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

@mpennington - for future reference, if you have an app or a macro, you can export the workflow (Options --> Export Workflow). That will package it into a .yxzp file, which you should be able to attach to your post!

mpennington
11 - Bolide

@kelly_gilbert Thanks a bunch--great to know!  I thought I was doing something wrong, I just wasn't sure what it was.  

Johnny_Analytics
8 - Asteroid

Spoiler
I created two app files and packaged them together to make sure the drop-down is always populated.

Here's App1 to populate the yxdb that will hold the Position numbers.

Challenge_5_app_1.png

Here's app two that will display the drop-down of Position numbers and generate a Browse and .csv output.

Challenge_5_app_2.png
David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

The app is simple but it does take a step to be completed.  There are a couple of ways to populate the dropdown.  I went with...

Spoiler
...creating an external file...
make data file.png

...which gets used in the app.
the app 005.png

UI:
app 1.png

UX:
app 2.png

RotesDB
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge#5.png
RichardLengua
6 - Meteoroid

First App! Still having a hard time with understanding the builder interface but practice makes perfect.

Spoiler
RL_Challenge_5_app.PNG
SachinKotian
6 - Meteoroid

Really enjoyed solving this one. Did not approach it correctly though and had to refer to the solution.

Learned using Alteryx as an AnalyticApp.

Spoiler
Capture.JPG