Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #5: HR Position Finder Application

mdsmith88
6 - Meteoroid

This was a good one for learning Drop Down lists.  Took me awhile but finally got there.

joona_rauhamaki
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution!

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

Not sure I posted my solution to this, so here it is!

hfanda73
8 - Asteroid

I couldn't upload the app file (yxwz) so i converted it to yxzp format.

Here is the solution.

johnemery
11 - Bolide

In my job I design workflows typically to improve analysts' awful manual Excel processes, so I haven't really dug much into interactive apps. The workflow was fairly simple, but being forced to look at a side of Alteryx that I don't use much was valuable. 

Thanks for the challenge!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution to challenge 5.

The hardest part was populating the drop down options with the different position numbers.

Kanta
7 - Meteor

done, not pretty but done

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

First time I've played with interface tools. I have a lot to learn. For some reason community isn't letting me upload the app (contents of attachment don't match file type), so I'm zipping it.

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

done!

I've had problems uploading the file... Hopefully, the packaged workflow will be fine

D12monkey
8 - Asteroid

Here is my answer.

A little more complicated than it needs to be, but the drop-down list is updated dynamically and an excel report is outputted when ran.

Spoiler
Week5 challange.PNG

Couldn't upload in the yxwz format so saved as yxmd