Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #5: HR Position Finder Application

zmeeker91
7 - Meteor

My solution

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

I had a lot of trouble with this one. Mostly, because I don't use apps all that often, I have to admit that I cheated a little and still am a little unclear as to why I needed to do what I did. All the values I wanted in my drop-down needed to be headers. It seems there should be a way to filter a unique set of values as a list. I have to admit -- I am certainly being challenged and learning a lot.

Seth

tcroberts
12 - Quasar

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
WC5workflow.PNG

Fun little exercise that gave me a good introduction to Alteryx Analytic Apps

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
5-2.PNG5.png
OldDogNewTricks
10 - Fireball

I just received my license last week and I spent some time over the weekend on these challenges.  I completed 11 challenges Friday and Saturday night (hey, my wife is out of town OK!).

Here is my solution to this problem.

mizard
5 - Atom

Solution uploaded. 

I used the arrange and unique tools to get the list of distinct position numbers to copy and paste into the manually entered portion of the drop down select tool

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Here's mine.  Like several others have mentioned, it would be nice to be able to read values from a list directly into the drop down.  I spent a lot of time trying to make this so it runs in one step as opposed to reading unique values from the db 

Spoiler
Solution 5.png

Dan

Ukashi
8 - Asteroid

Hi there, 

Not necessary the cleanest solution - but is working :)

Spoiler
image.png
MarMu
8 - Asteroid

Fun and simple exercise!

You are welcome Mr HR

Pretty simple 5 tools solution and some interfacing

Spoiler
challenge_5_start_file_MarMu.png 

shout out to CReW-test tools for easy verification #lifemadeeasy

Inactive User
Not applicable