community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #49: Reformatting Transactional Data

Alteryx Certified Partner

Not elegant or optimized, but got an answer quick...

My solution. Oh, Transpose & Cross-Tab, whatever did I do before I figured out how to use you...

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge49.JPG

Quasar

Same solution as many. Split into 2 streams, one for the data, one for the key rows/headers.

Solution:

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 49.png
Asteroid

Asteroid

Happy to see my solutions are starting to look like everyone else's

Solution attached

Here's my very long and clumsy solution! Not sure why but I couldn't get my head around this one.

Spoiler
challenge_49.png
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Spoiler

challenge49.PNG

Spent far too long messing around with those pivots trying all combinations of all the transform tools and finally did it in a fiddly way.... Will refer to how everyone else has done it and get my head around how to pivot data properly!