community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #49: Reformatting Transactional Data

Alteryx
Alteryx

Different from the others but it gets the job done.  

Asteroid

This was harder than I expected.  Any time I have to cross tab and transpose there is a lot of trial and error to get it right.

I first just removed the first 3 rows and manually configure the table.  After I got that to work I went to generating the lookup table from the data.

Fireball
Spoiler
Challenge49-KA.PNG
Asteroid

I attached my solution. Thank you.

Asteroid

Here goes!

Spoiler
49.jpg
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Probably a bit of overkill with a multi-field tool to trim the whitespace, but in the idea of keeping the workflow dynamic I thought it was appropriate.

Meteor

Took two alternate approaches - this is the (much) cleaner version.

Highlighted
Meteor
Spoiler
challenge_49_RC_solution.PNG
Asteroid

Here is my solution!

Spoiler
Capture.JPG