Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #49: Reformatting Transactional Data

mickael_gest
8 - Asteroid

My solution :)

Wouter
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

Spoiler
challenge 49.jpg
JonM
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Never really used the Select Records tool, I was surprise at how versatile it can be, especially with those pesky Finance Excel workbooks!
Tom_Pilgrem
8 - Asteroid

asabau
8 - Asteroid

Cool one.

JordyMicheal
11 - Bolide

Tons of answers, but tried to leave enough in the annotation that someone could figure it out without downloading :)

Spoiler
2018-06-13_15-39-46.jpg
mjholland
7 - Meteor

I tried to overcomplicate this with 4 different splits, 3 different formulas to create columns in each then joining them together. Transpose and Cross tab saved me from getting lots down the rabbit hole. I need to spend more time using these tools.

BrandiGSFS
6 - Meteoroid

I definitely make these are much harder than they are in my head. I can say that I knew i had to do a transpose & cross tab but couldn't figure out how to properly execute it. I took a look at  a few other solutions to see if I was on the right track and I was! I did  figure out early on with Google to use Select Records tool prior to looking at other solutions...so I'll pat myself on the back for that lol. 

My solution is below

Spoiler

Steven_Pocoroba2
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached

MatanGee
5 - Atom

Hi,

I could not understand why the formula on the upper row was used. (trimming value). It does not work without it but theoutput looks the same before and after the formula

Thanks

MG