Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #45: Parsing Bureau of Labor Data

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Good challenge

Here's my take:

Spoiler
45.png
FRANCK_ROUQUETTE
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the exercise - attached my solution

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution to challenge 45.
I spent a while wondering why I had different dates before realising that time has passed since the challenge was released and there's simply more dates now.

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

This was a pretty straightforward question; the data was very regular and easy to adapt to.

Spoiler
045.png
chetty
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This was pretty much a "stream of consciousness" workflow. I'm sure I could pare this down if I went over it again. 

By the way, this is my 150th challenge completed! I did all the beginning challenges, then the intermediates, and now I'm working on advanced. 

jagdeep_singh85
8 - Asteroid

PFA my solution

mbogusz
9 - Comet

A couple years later the categories are BM2017 and BM2018 vs. BM2014 and BM2015.

The source data changedThe source data changed

Spoiler
2019-09-22 09_17_42-Greenshot.png
JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC45.PNG

I was worried when I had too many records but then realised it was just because the website will change based on what year you do the weekly challenge!

tammybrown_tds
8 - Asteroid

I needed a little help on the parsing tools from others' solutions, but I got through it.

Spoiler
Challenge 45.PNG