Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #45: Parsing Bureau of Labor Data

RobertoEstrada
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution, it doesn't match with yours because the data changed over time. I think mine is simpler than published solution.

dillon_bok
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Weekly Challenge - 45.PNG
hanykowska
11 - Bolide

I have different results because the data has changed... I just hope it's correct enough...

Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

Solution attached

joemkcarr
8 - Asteroid

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

Step by step this challenge seems to come together; separate the row names from the year amounts and put them together at the end.

Spoiler
2019-07-05_8-41-52.jpg
ErenErdogan
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Here is my solution for this challange:

Spoiler
AlteryxWeekly45.GIF

Have a great week all,

Eren.

Cosmin_S
8 - Asteroid

My solution.

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I think I've got a working solution, but get that the output has changed a little from when it was originally posted, as I now have years 2009 - 2018 instead of 2006 - 2013 in the solution.

Spoiler
Challenge 45.PNG
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
Verakso
11 - Bolide

A great challenge and inspiring to see how others have done, here is my go.

Spoiler
If you think this is an exact rip-off of @NicoleJohnson then you are not far off,

I got stuck in my parsing so I actually learned some new RegEx tricks from her 😉

My Rip-OffMy Rip-Off

Oh, as other has mentioned, one of the challenges by using dynamic data, is that source has updated since this challenge was made, so the figures are not the same, but since I based this of Nicole, then I am pretty confident that it is correct after all 😄

/Still Climbing
Verakso