Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #44: Inspire Europe '16 Grand Prix (L3)

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Fun exercise. I am not able to work with models too often.

Emil_Kos_0-1628950678985.png

RashedDS
8 - Asteroid

My solution

MatthewBr
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Finished what I believe to be correct....

Question -  4 and 5.

4) Which causality class has the lowest p-value in the model? (Pr(>|z|)) What is the coefficient? (Estimate). 

- Are you just looking at the browse tool for the lowest number? Is there another option?

5) According to the model, which gender increases the likelihood of being a fatal casualty?

- How are you determining this? 

Daniel_Griffith
7 - Meteor

Done!

Unable to download the Association Analysis tool due to corporate IT policies, so the last two questions are unanswered

Daniel_Griffith
7 - Meteor

Got access to the predictive tools, updated solution attached.

Association Analysis requires numeric info to compare against so didn't work. Looked at the solution and saw that logistic regression is what I needed.

DanTh
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Managed to get through the steps with the right answers, but must say that I need to spend a fair amount of time looking at the Logistic Regression outputs to make sure I understand everything.
DanTh_0-1630498265556.png

3/5

ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

Good ol' regression slowed things down a bit, but I was able to find answers to all the questions!

1.) Average number of vehicles involved in an accident = 1.93

2.) Evening = the time bucket with the most accidents

3.) 2,664 = the number of accidents involving a pedestrian

4.) Logistic Regression:

1.)  The Pedestrian Class = the class with the lowest p-value in the model at p = 0.00067***

2.) The Male sex = the gender that increases the likelihood of being in a fatal casualty ( Estimate: 0.7537)

I don't believe I would have been fast enough in this last question to win, but I was happy to gain some more experience with the Logistic Regression tool.

Erin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
First timer using regression. 
pfaigmani
7 - Meteor

My solution to challenge # 44. 

LiuZhang
9 - Comet
Spoiler
44.png