Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #43: Inspire Europe '16 Grand Prix (L2)

KMiller
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

Spoiler
14-08-2019 08-57-46.png
David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

I was completely stunned by the sloppiness of either the wording of question 2 or the solution file that I checked my answers against.

Question 2 does not state that one is to use the subset of the data created in Question 1.  However, the solution file pulls data from that subset.  Perhaps I have a different perspective because I work for a city that provides electricity, water, and natural gas both inside and outside city limits and even county limits.  I get asked to provide answers to "how many residential irrigation meters are inside city limits" and "how many gas service points have active accounts."  These types of questions will either expressly reference spatial characteristic or they will not.  If not, then all the data is considered.

And oh, Question 3?  The answer provided is flat out wrong. The difference between 2015 and 2014 is that 2015 saw a higher rate of accidents for the time period, not less, as is implied by the negative number in the answer.

Anyway, on with the show:

Spoiler
043.png
FRANCK_ROUQUETTE
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the exercise - attached my solution

jagdeep_singh85
8 - Asteroid

PFA my solution

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Challenge 43 is done!

Spoiler
challenge 43 JMS solution.PNG
tammybrown_tds
8 - Asteroid

Always fun when spatial tools are involved!

Spoiler
Challenge 43.PNG
DanielMS
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC43.PNG

My numbers were slightly off so took a little while to debug this one.

BSilverblatt
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the challenge! This is my solution.

ArnavS
Alteryx
Alteryx