Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #41: Analytics PayPeriodCalc

cc000072
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution, this is fitst time to use DateFormat(%A) fucntion.

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge_Ryohei_41.JPG
DavidLane
8 - Asteroid

This one actually took me quite a while and I am still not sure if this is the most elegant solution.

Spoiler
DavidLane_0-1591627589606.png

black28
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Solution
meetpuru
8 - Asteroid

Soln

MikeMcFadden
7 - Meteor

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
It's a rather brute force approach.  I used a summarize tool to generate the range of relevant dates for this scenario dynamically, then ran this range through a generate records tool to list each date individually in order to evaluate day of the week.  I joined the two data sets back up and ran formulas and another summarize tool to add up the weekdates by period.  I understand there's a macro out in the community somewhere that does the same function (with more bells and whistles!), but wanted to challenge myself to build from scratch with the limited tools I've learned so far.
cmv
7 - Meteor

I wasn't sure if this was the most efficient, but after looking at the solution I'm pretty happy. 

Spoiler
cmv_0-1591876768240.png

dombaikamilla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
41.PNG
RNG
8 - Asteroid

KirstyHarvey
8 - Asteroid

My solution - the gateway for me was to use the Generate Rows tool which I hadn't before.....

ehughes
9 - Comet

My solution

Spoiler
Img 41.PNG