Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #41: Analytics PayPeriodCalc

Parul_Kapoor
8 - Asteroid

Here is the solution.

rachelgatto
8 - Asteroid

Solved. 

erick_irigoyen
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Solution attached.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great challenge, I really enjoyed this one.

I think mine is different to most as I wanted to avoid using the "Generate Rows" tool as this brute force approach, while very useful in given circumstances, can massively increase the data size. So, I used something else...

Spoiler
I first transposed the data to get the dates in a single column, I then used the date parse tool to convert the date into a date format. With this new date, I created the "Month" column.
Now here's where it gets interesting (if you don't get out much, obviously), I split the streams, the first I cross-tabbed back to I had the P1 and P2 start and end dates in columns; the second I generated the days of the week, and filtered to only show those that were weekend days. I then applied the "Count Workdays" tool, and fed in the weekend days as the restriction list.
Simple.

Workflow.PNG
results.PNG

Bulien

bkclaw113
9 - Comet

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
Spoiler
Challenge 41.PNGI found this article useful for getting the day of the week from the dates - https://help.alteryx.com/10.1/Reference/DateTimeFunctions.htm
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com

This one took me a long time... I thought I was using way too many tools and it had to be simpler, but it ended up being very similar to the posted solution.

RobertoEstrada
8 - Asteroid

There is a great macro on the gallery to Count Weekdays (and even allows you to input holidays). Also you can use this link to check the date time formats.

dillon_bok
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Weekly Challenge - 41.PNG
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Here we go!

Spoiler
41.png