Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #41: Analytics PayPeriodCalc

Anastasiia
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Cool problem to look at day counts in a different way outside of 7 days a week.

Spoiler
Challenge 41.PNG
gradyjofficial
8 - Asteroid

my solution

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution to Challenge 41!

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This is probably the toughest "Beginner" challenge I've seen so far. 

Spoiler
2019-02-27_11-50-06.png
I took a rules based approach. I built a formula to get the DOW then broke the problem into parts. The 15 day periods were easy -- if the period started with a weekend day, then there were 10 workdays, else there were 11. For the second part I found out how many 7 day periods there were and then did a conditional formula on the remainder to determine the number of weekdays. Then cleaned up the mess. It isn't pretty but it works.
Sajeel_Kershi
8 - Asteroid

completed using formula tool to convert to dates and then formula to calculate number of weekdays

papalow
8 - Asteroid

Not as clean as I would have hoped, but it gets the job done.

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

Good one, I think my flow is not the most optimal option but it works

AmNotARobot
8 - Asteroid

Completed, but with a significant debt of thanks to jdunkerly79's posting of ‎11-22-2017 12:10 AM. Now I wish to find out how to store this formula (and others) in my own function library.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge #41, done.

Lazy solution (probably this could be done with a single formula tool, or a Multi-Field formula tool with a formula tool ahead of it).

Spoiler
Challenge_41.PNG

Cheers,