Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #41: Analytics PayPeriodCalc

JamesLawlor
7 - Meteor

Spoiler Attacehd

luciebrett
8 - Asteroid

Oups, completely different solution to the suggestion and also the order of my months is by date rather than alphabetical (but this makes more sense to me so I have left like that!)

luciebrett
8 - Asteroid

I wanted to practice another way of doing this challenge (rather than splitting the two periods, transpose them and then put them side by side again).

Syfer889
7 - Meteor

Had to follow along, so not much different here.

adamp
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Alteryx41.png

Added RecordID for convenience. Calculate the total number of days for each period. Decided to keep 2 periods per row and just duplicate the tools. Might reconsider that in a real production app. Create rows for each day of each period; use formulas to establish the date and day of week for each row; filter out Sat/Sun rows; count remaining days. Then rejoin all the data using RecordID and display period counts by Month-Year.
asabau
8 - Asteroid

Similar to the original solution!

mascarenhas_lucas
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
challenge_41.PNG
daniel_ferreira
8 - Asteroid

Follow my solution file attached...

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

uploading my solution...

StevenBetts
8 - Asteroid

Here's my stab at it. Took me a while to figure this one out which is probably why there are so many tools used!