community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #41: Analytics PayPeriodCalc

Meteor

Spoiler Attacehd

Alteryx Certified Partner

Oups, completely different solution to the suggestion and also the order of my months is by date rather than alphabetical (but this makes more sense to me so I have left like that!)

I wanted to practice another way of doing this challenge (rather than splitting the two periods, transpose them and then put them side by side again).

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Had to follow along, so not much different here.

Meteor
Spoiler
Alteryx41.png

Added RecordID for convenience. Calculate the total number of days for each period. Decided to keep 2 periods per row and just duplicate the tools. Might reconsider that in a real production app. Create rows for each day of each period; use formulas to establish the date and day of week for each row; filter out Sat/Sun rows; count remaining days. Then rejoin all the data using RecordID and display period counts by Month-Year.

Similar to the original solution!

Spoiler
challenge_41.PNG

Follow my solution file attached...

Quasar

uploading my solution...

Asteroid

Here's my stab at it. Took me a while to figure this one out which is probably why there are so many tools used!