Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #40: Parsing a HTML File

samN
10 - Fireball

Regex will never let me down! Pretty happy how compact i was able to make this. I wish that parse would find more than just the first case. Could have limited the number of widgets to 4! ah well, can't have everything. Fun stuff.

Spoiler
challenge_40_Pic.JPG
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Needed a bit of help getting started - but then got it fairly easily from there.  Lots of parsing.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

More XML parse fun times. Solution attached.

Spoiler
challenge_40 - Snip.PNG
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

More XML parse fun times. Solution attached.

Spoiler
challenge_40 - Snip.PNG
LandonG
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Solution attached.

msicak
8 - Asteroid

another great challenge! I also concatenated the practices together if there was more than 1.

Spoiler
challenge40.png
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution. Thank god for Regex :-)

Spoiler
solution_40.png

Natasha
9 - Comet

Instead of defaulting to regex I decided to use XML parse since I really dislike it and thought it would be a good practice. Also after scrapping a few website recently XML parsing doesn't look so bad anymore. 

Spoiler
My results are slightly different compared to output as I concatenated multiple practices for the same physician, while in the output only the first one is captured. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 00.13.11.png
Waynemk
8 - Asteroid

and another