Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #4: Date Parsing

sabaker
6 - Meteoroid

solution attached

zkibz16
7 - Meteor

See attached for a Challenge #4 solution

Jacob_Jacobsen
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Jacob_Jacobsen_2-1610583389908.png

This was educational! It was also a challenge to convert regex from the dedicated tool for use in the Formula tool since they are not equivalent - in the Regex_Replace formula I missing an option to disable "Copy unmatched text to to output" (default in Regex_Replace formula), like in the dedicated Regex tool which required modified expressions for a single tool solution.

TarunDeep
8 - Asteroid

Great learning on Regex and date parsing.

Spoiler
Solution 4.png
selliott69
7 - Meteor

I found this pretty challenging, but I really needed a RegEx refresher so it was a really good exercise for me.  Dates are challenging and I tend to deal with them more than I care to admit.

Thanks!

-Shawn

DanielG
12 - Quasar

A bit clunky as I am newer to RegEx.  Trying to get more comfortable with it after years of denying its existence.  I got it to work for this particular dataset, but not sure it would be that great for an everchanging datasource.

alexm06
8 - Asteroid

Long winded solution

Vanzeup7
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution. Thanks.

PHinkel
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Attached is my solution.

Animanga008
8 - Asteroid