Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #4: Date Parsing

DavidLane
8 - Asteroid

Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

wow i've been gone for too long...back at it the hard way...messing with Dates 😕 

I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to replace the one digit date so i might have fudged that one slightly 😛

Spoiler
DerangedVisions_0-1575950157528.png

ranjith26
5 - Atom

Struggled a bit frankly! But finally got it!!!

Trumble_dup_334
7 - Meteor

Loved this challenge although I did have to refer to the solution a little to get my head around the date manipulation bit to make it play nicely with Alteryx. There has to be a better way for Alteryx to handle dates natively. First intro to RegEx and have to say it was great. Steep learning curve but easy to understand once you have a go.

Spoiler
Got the expression down to 2 outputs with this:

(\d+-[A-Za-z]{3,4}-\d+)|([A-Z][a-z]{2,3}\s\d+,?\s\d+)

No point going for a single column output as the date manipulation later on in the flow would be a real pain if so.

sonyakasenkramer
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
sonyakasenkramer_0-1576524262962.png
mccartycp
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
mccartycp_0-1576609299705.png

I used a bit to many parses and a bit too many formulas...Need to work on parsing to capture all scenarios!
Carlo_SKay
8 - Asteroid

rmassambane
10 - Fireball

meeravijayan2011
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
4.png
AV8
8 - Asteroid

Need to work more on Regex.

Spoiler