community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #4: Date Parsing

Asteroid

That was hard - I managed to use three separate regex tools to match all the dates, then joined them based on most specific match to least specific

Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge#4.png
Alteryx Certified Partner

Shout out to @markp201 for his RegEx solution for which I had to learn RegEx first in order to understand the meaning of it

Spoiler
4.png
Meteor

Solution Attached. Regex makes this a lot easier!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Challenge_4_start_file_AR.yxmd.png

Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
image.png

Fun!  With only four date formats, it seemed simpler to just filter and parse each format separately than to convert them.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Learned a lot about regular expressions:

Spoiler
(0?[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01]|JAN|FEB|MAR|MAY|APR|JUL|JUN|AUG|OCT|SEP|NOV|DEC)

[- /.]

(JAN|FEB|MAR|MAY|APR|JUL|JUN|AUG|OCT|SEP|NOV|DEC|JULY|0?[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])

[- /.,]

(18\d\d| ?19\d\d|20\d\d|\d\d)
Asteroid

Here's my solution!

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
Meteoroid

Hi All - here's my solution. It somewhat lacks the same level of detail as the solution but works quite nicely. This one I loved doing as very typical of things I've had to clean up at work. 

Used Regular Expression tool and DateTime Tool to extract dates and convert from strings.

My version.