Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #4: Date Parsing

Cosmin_S
8 - Asteroid

Please find attached the solution for challenge #4, similar to other solutions (I used Regex). 

Thank you. 

GianmarcoRasi
5 - Atom

Hi there, here is my solution to this challenge.

Spoiler
project 4 screen.PNG
Hitch
8 - Asteroid

My attempt

vkozub
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

lavanyadurai
7 - Meteor

I have attached my solution below!

Spoiler
4.PNG

kymbot
5 - Atom

I used a few Regex parsing tools to pull the data matching date patterns into new columns, then used TimeDate tool on each column, then used a formula to consolidate these

bnelly1987
8 - Asteroid

I took a different approach to the RegEx. Basically, I avoided it...

Spoiler
Solution-Challenge 004.PNG
vpsanchez
6 - Meteoroid

When I first saw this challenge, my immediate thought was using RegEx! Just like everyone else, I created a workflow where I used 6 RegEx tools to evaluate different patterns. There is probably a better expression to use. I'll make sure to through some of the other workflows to find more robust expressions.

I then used a formula tool evaluating all the columns for null values against each other and then when a conditional statement is found true, a nested if statement calls the substring function to parse the string into a DD-MON-YYYY format. That file is then parsed using the DateTime tool into the format that is in the output. Joined together to find that it worked! This was really fun!

Data_User88
8 - Asteroid

A bit late to the party. Not as elegant as others that have posted theirs. But here is my solution. 

willdupre
7 - Meteor

Certainly not finessed or efficient, but it was really fun working with Regex - something I've done very little of previously.