Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #4: Date Parsing

DataHabanero
9 - Comet

Very exciting challenge. I hadn´t had the chance to do much parsing since I try to do that before I enter data to Alteryx. I don't think the solution is as elegant as it might be but it does the trick. I'm exicted to see how other people managed to attack the problem.

hbraunius
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached.

MitchKibble
7 - Meteor

There's probably a more efficient way to do this but it worked.

Alekh
9 - Comet

Spoiler
 4..png

DataHabanero
9 - Comet

Definitely, I went through the solution proposed by the team and it was clear that using the parsing tool is way easier.

Bunny82
6 - Meteoroid

Solution attached, regex is very interesting happy to learn more about regex!

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here's my solution. Got it down to four tools not counting Browse.

apoorvashetty
6 - Meteoroid

I'm a beginner so my approach is slightly rough on the edges. I used two RegEx tools one for the Values with "-Mon- " format and another for the remaining values. I used the RegEx-parse option  in both to get Date,Month and Year columns. I used DataCleansing and Formula toools to format these. After using union for the two sets,I finally used DateTimeFormat to convert it into a standard format. 

Loved the official solution,great learning experience. 

DiegoParker
10 - Fireball

I went for a couple more tools instead of over complicated regex. Here it is!

nickjastrzebski
8 - Asteroid

I tried a few approaches to this but settled on RegEx as the most elegant option for extracting the dates.

Spoiler
image.png